Welcome!!!

Hello, and welcome to my little corner of the internet!  I'm so glad you took time out of your busy day to stop by, it's greatly appreciated.  My Rose Among Thorns is a tribute, and dedication to my infertility journey.  

After multiple failed cycles, our first IVF was a raging success, and years later we're still investing in that one cycle!  In 2008, 18 follicles (significant in the Hebrew language, 18= chai=life :) were retrieved,  17 were mature and 15 fertilized.  Of those 15, on transfer day (day 5), we had 6 top quality embryos.  I was 20 years old, a junior in college and my husband was also in school.  All those decisions led us to doing an elective single embryo transfer (eSET).  I became pregnant with my son Moshe, who is now 3.  

A little over a year after Moshe's birth, we decided to do a frozen embryo transfer (FET) again, electing to transfer only 1 embryo.  I was in a masters program, my husband was still in school, I had previous success, etc.   I went in with the attitude that there was absolutely no way this would work-I couldn't get that lucky twice. Lo and behold, after a false negative at home, I was pregnant with my beautiful Dovy, my Chanukah miracle.  One of the sayings of Chanukah is a great miracle happened there.  Well, a great miracle happened here! With a brief stint at the reproductive endocrinologist's, I was pregnant-a mere month long process.  

That brings us to now. Dovy will be 16 months this month.  We are currently waiting for insurance approval to begin an FET process (I am allotted 3, covered, FETs).   I am hoping to begin monitoring this week.  When I began the process last time, I had been having months of on and off bleeding; my lining was fresh.  Currently, I haven't bled since Dovy was born, so I will need to have at least one cycle to induce fresh lining.  

Being infertile, most importantly, has given me such an appreciation and respect for my journey, for my kids, for my life, for the people I have met as a result of infertility, the connections I've made and the ability to be public about my journey.  So, in honor of those who choose to fight their battle silently, I welcome you to My Rose Among Thorns.  

Aaryn

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz